Get a Life! New and improved awards  

Posted



I see all these nice awards going around the blogosphere. They are a great way to show another blogger how much we think about their post, or their blog in general and many times in the type of person they have presented themselves.

I have decided that there are others that deserve some recognition too. These are the total losers of the world. They don't need to be on a blog to receive this award though. This is the Get a Life! award. This is for that person or agency that has nothing better to do than make life difficult for those of us trying to live life. They are bitter or possibly on a power trip. Regardless of the why, they are generally a horse's ass and deserve all the bad luck that I can muster.

So without further ado I present the first official Get a Life! award.

This goes to my local neighborhod revitalization agency. These fine people are supposed to make sure that nobody has junk cars parked in their yard up on blocks or on the street. They are supposed to ensure that the neighborhood looks well neighborly. Sounds good in theory..BUT... These jerks put a notice on my 2002 Windstar. Now I don't have a picture at this time, but my Van is in perfect shape on the outside. It has a bad transmission, and my wife and I hadn't decided if we wanted to spend the money to fix it. So we put a non-op on it and parked it in our driveway. Now the only thing that leads you to believe this car is not being used is the fact that the tags are outdated. It doesn't have that pretty white non-op tag on it. It turns out that it doesn't matter. If we have a non-op on the car according to this agency we still have to park it in the garage where nobody can be bothered with having to see this eyesore. I've decided that either this group has done such a good job of clearing out the bad cars that they are now at the point where they are just bothersome, OR they are so incompetent that they would rather harass me then go to the rougher neighborhoods and tell the gang bangers to get rid of their crap cars.

Either way here's to you Neighborhood Revitalization Agency...You so totally suck and deserve nothing more than to be disbanded...

This entry was posted at Monday, April 12, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

What a deserving recipient of this award, I’m sure there will be many more well deserving people and agencies lining up for this award, Way to go my Friend

April 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Will you really send it to them, Bendigo? I might have to print out a copy of that awad, as I know a few folks who would actually be proud of it!

April 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I am going to make a larger copy and see if it comes out nice....If it does they will indeed receive it

April 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I have some very deserving people in mind for this award.

April 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I can’t wait to find out who else receives this award from you. I’m sure you will not run out of candidates to give this to!

April 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I am LOVING the Get a Life Award! I think I already have a mile long list to hand it out to!

April 13, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Nice award and nice recipient. I see the Carnival of Idiocy is hard at work on your neck of the woods too.

April 13, 2010 at 7:10 AM

My jaw just dropped.

Did they really dare say that your van was an eyesore for the neighbourhood?!?!? Oh my god!@! I can't believe this!

And this kind of organization really exists? I didn't know that! Is it a commitee? I'm really surprised and curious here!;)

April 13, 2010 at 8:35 AM

They are yet another way that our city government has found to waste money. It used to be the police would come by and tell somebody with a junk car to move it or get it towed. Now these idiots have come along and taken it way too far. I have a feeling they are going to regret pushing silly issues like this.

April 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM

lol.... They have time to tag your car, but that streetlight has been out for two months now.... Got to love California!

April 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Fight the power!! You should print out the award and mail it to them.

April 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Lol..the best part is that they tag my car sitting in the driveway with a non-op clean and in good order for all intents and purposes, while the next block over sits a car painted with spray cans with not even a license plate on it, that they told to just move into the driveway. Can't figure out the stupidity sometimes

April 18, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Post a Comment