Is This Thing On?  

Posted

I notice that it's only been about 2 years since I've posted on here. I didn't even know if I still have an active account, but I guess the blog world doesn't delete you. I seem to have missed a few things over the past months. I know one thing I will have to buy the book that Momma Fargo has out there (how else will it become a best seller).

  So a few updates....My father is doing great after his double lung transplant. He visits the doctors once every 3 months just to make sure but they have told him that barring some strange illness the grumpy old man could well outlive the rest of us. My kids are growing up and that sucks. My youngest is going to enter middle school next year and that means that he won't like me for much longer. My middle son is soon to be a sophomore and he of course knows more than his crusty old boring parents ever did. My oldest is pursuing a culinary career and so far so good (fingers are crossed as are toes).

  Other than that life goes on. I get older and (wider) wiser. Softball is still a part of the picture although I'm not sure how I've managed to keep that one going. I notice all the tragic things that have been going on and it always makes me want to jump on here and voice my opinion. I find that I'm at a loss for words for these things that have been happening. The shootings and the kidnappings and now the natural disasters. It's all emotion and I find no voice to say how devastating it all is to me. BUT this is therapy and one way or another I feel better after at least attempting to get my thoughts in some semblance of order and put them on here. We have family in Oklahoma and we have been very fortunate that they are OK. Phone calls were the order of the day as we tried desperately to find out any information, but the calls came and everybody is scared but safe.

Ms. A ....All I can say is I'm praying for you guys. I'm truly sorry that your son has to go through this and I will keep praying for him until he is better...He is certainly lucky he has you to look out for him. I enjoy looking at your pictures on your blog and they definitely lift my spirits so thank you!

It's funny how a few lines typed can lift your spirits. The blogosphere is truly therapy. I'm going to have to get on here just a bit more for the sake of my sanity!

This entry was posted at Tuesday, May 21, 2013 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Holy cow, how wonderful to see you!!! I've wondered about you and your dad, especially these past few months (being in a transplant hospital) and seeing people that have been, or will be receiving transplants. So glad to hear he is doing well!

Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm hoping you won't disappear on me again. I know I've already said it, but... GOSH, IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU!

May 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM

The world has stopped! Just for a second while I read and reread to make sure it is you! I had checked here on and off... you might have noticed me stalking you.

So glad to hear things are going well for your dad. Your dad has to be a rock to get through all that and doing well. Bravo!

Did I mention I missed you?

May 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Just had to say...You guys are awesome!

May 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM

It a way, it's like going home again. Isn't it? Fans may have gone their merry way, but the space cools its heels until you are good and ready to return.

Welcome back.

May 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Hey there! I could have sworn I left a comment here. Anyway, great seeing your post and happy to hear that things are going well.

June 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sure do miss your posts Mr. Bendigo;-)

January 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Post a Comment